Orfilight products are unique lightweight splinting materials with a non-stick (NS) coating. They are specifically designed to be lighter and more comfortable on your patient.
Rheumatoid resting pan orthosis from Orfilight.
- Weighs 25 to 30 % less than other materials.
- Excellent stretch, moderate elasticity.
- Maximum stretch without tearing.
- Moderate memory.
- Soft velvet surface touch and easy to trim edges.
- Available with non-stick coating.
- Available in precuts.
How it works and looks
- Creates lightweight orthoses, even in case of very large equipment designs.
- Easy moulding of orthosis to anatomy.
- Easy to handle and perfect control of material during moulding. Allows to be stretched sufficiently in order to position the material correctly and hold it in place during splint fabrication.
- Material is completely remouldable.
- Increased patient comfort.
- The non-coated version sticks temporarily to itself. All attachments and outriggers can be adhered with maximum ease when using dry heat.
- The coating for the NS-version prevents the material to stick onto bandages or cotton lining.
- Avoids waste of material.
- Excellent material choice for all types of small, medium and large orthoses.
- Especially recommended for patients with loss of strength, and/or fragile and sensitive skin, for example, for elderly persons and pediatric or rheumatic treatments.
- Lightweight base for all attachments.
- Ideal splinting material to fabricate post-surgical orthoses.